What is a Financial Controller?
A Financial Controller is a management level expert responsible for supervising the quality of accounting and financial reporting within a business. They have an eye for detail, managing routine transactions, ensuring data is accurately recorded and that the client’s business has sufficient procedures and controls in place to prevent loss. Their role encompasses a variety of responsibilities, from overseeing accounting and monitoring internal controls to countersigning on expenses and commitments.
How can a Financial Controller help improve your business?
- Production of regular management accounts
- Development of financial monitoring procedures and setting key performance indicators
- Monitoring of cash flow & Minimising working capital requirements
- Preparation of annual statutory financial accounts
- Assistance to company secretary on finance related issues
- Advice on systems and controls
- Analysis and schedules in preparation for annual audit
- Specialist third party reports in support of bank covenants, credit applications etc
- Project management support requiring specialist financial expertise
- Financial model creation and development
What are Management Accounts?
Management Accounts are accounts which are prepared with the business owner and management in mind. They can give the full financial picture of how the business is trading and can assist in the day to day running of the business and with important business decisions.
Many small businesses rely on the ‘gut feeling’ of the owner and the end of year accounts to understand their financial position and without up to date accurate figures the business could miss opportunities or make bad decisions, just because they did not have access to up to date and accurate information.
Your Financial Controller in Essex
All business’ are different and have different management information requirements. We will work together to ensure that your business is getting information which will add value to your business and allow you to make the right business decisions.
We can provide Financial Controllers in Essex on a part time basis, this can be monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or any other period that is relevant to you, as part of our Financial Controller service.